Wondering where you might go fishing in Arizona? If you aren’t a “local” or do not know the region well then you will have to decide what spots to fish out of hundreds of great fishing hot spots. There’s the White Mountains, the Colorado river from Lake Havasu to Lake Powell and many other lakes and reservoirs to choose from. The experienced Arizona fishing guides obviously know all the hot-spots to fish so if you are a visiting angler you might be better off hiring a fishing charter or guide and let them put you on the fish.
Arizona Guided Fishing Trips
With year round fishing and a wide variety of sporting species to catch the Arizona lakes, rivers, and streams offer local and visiting anglers to Arizona many great fishing opportunities. Talk to your guide or charter Captain for the best fishing regions for what you wish to catch.
Local angler sports this nice apache trout Nice apache trout caught fishing in Arizona Arizona fishing for apache trout
Arizona Fishing Areas
Arizona fishing guides have many great spots they can choose to fish and the type of fish species you wish to target will determine where your Arizona fishing guide goes.
If you want to fish for trout then you will likely be fishing the White Mountains. These mountain lakes do have some bass and catfish but the majority Arizona fishing guides will target trout in these area, including brown trout and apache trout. Listed below are more regional Arizona fishing spots and the likely species that you might catch when fishing these lakes.
- North Central – Fishing areas include the Verde River, Lake mary, and Oak Creek. The fish in walleye, smallmouth and largemouth bass, and trout.
- Mogollon Rim – Fishing areas are East Clear Creek, Chevelon Creek, and Canyon Creek where you can fish for mainly trout. The best fishing season is spring and fall.
- Colorado River – Arizona fishing guides in this area fish Lake Havasu, Lake Powell, and Lake Mead. Expect to catch striped bass, catfish, largemouth bass, trout.
- Central Arizona – This area is a favorite for most anglers on their Arizona guided fishing trip. It is also the most popular fishing spot for many Arizona fishing guides as the fishing is known as the best in the state here. Area lakes include Lakes Pleasant, Lake Roosevelt, and Lake Bartlett. Local quarry includes catfish, large mouth bass, crappie, and trout.
- Southern Region – More Colorado River fishing from Imperial Reservoir upriver through the Cibola National Wildlife Refuge. The southern fishing areas also include Parker Dam, Alamo Reservoir, and Bill Williams River where a guided fishing trip can yield trout, catfish, bluegill, and trophy sized largemouth bass.
Lake Powell Pro – Fishing with professional licensed guide Jarrett Edwards on Lake Powell for smallmouth and largemouth bass and also learn some of the best bass fishing tactics for the region. Pro Guide Services of Lake Powell operates out of Glen Canyon National Park and offers a “No Fish, No Pay” guarantee!
Lake Powell Charter – Fishing with Ray Young on the beautiful Lake Powell for rainbow trout and more. Fishing guide Ray Young has been fishing Lake Powell and Lee’s Ferry for 25 years, is United States Coast Guard Certified, liscensed by the National Park Service, fully insured and equipped for your safety.
Ambassador Guides & Outfitters – Customized Arizona fishing trips for fly or spin on Lake Powell with your professional, knowledgeable, and over 20 year experienced premier fishing guide Bill McBurney. Can accommodate 2 or 3 anglers or can take larger crews of up to 6 anglers – call 1-800-256-7596.
Glen Canyon Anglers – If you are looking to catch striped bass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, or other warm water species then come fish with professional fishing guide Mike Ritz on Lee’s Ferry and the beautiful Lake Powell.
Broken Arrow Guide Service – Come fish Lake Powell with Chris Shipley, one of Arizona’s top Captains and fishing guides. Broken Arrow Guide Service provides fully outfitted trips on their fully equipped fishing boat. Captain Shipley fishes for stripers, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and other freshwater game fish.
|Regular Arizona Guide and Charter Listings|
|Ambassador Guide Services||Marble Canyon, AZ||800-256-7596|
|Angling Arizona Guide Service||Flagstaff, AZ||928-714-9541|
|Arizona Reel Time||Marble Canyon, AZ||520-355-2222|
|Bubba’s Fishing Guide Service||Page, AZ||520-645-3506|
|Capt Ray Young||Page, AZ||928-645-5505|
|Cliff Pirch’s Guide Service||Payson, AZ||928-468-5545|
|Cannon Guides & Supplies||Page, AZ||928-608-0273|
|Fish On Guide Services||Peoria, AZ||520-501-6100|
|Jerry Ruehle Fishing Guide||Bullhead City, AZ||520-754-3449|
|Lake Powell Bass Fishing Tours||Marble Canyon, AZ||435-675-3976|
|Lee’s Ferry Anglers||Marble Canyon, AZ||800-962-9755|
|Lake Powell Charter||Page, AZ||520-645-5505|
|Lake Havasu Fishing||Lake Havasu City, AZ||928-680-1873|
|Marble Canyon Guides||Marble Canyon, AZ||800-533-7339|
|Paradise Creek Anglers||Pinetop, AZ||800-231-3831|
|Steve’s Arizona Guide Service||Scottsdale, AZ||480-250-3670|
|Tollivers Trout Fishing||Cotter, AZ||870-435-2966|
|Western Arizona Guide Service||Bullhead City, AZ||928-754-3160|