Everybody knows how popular Maryland saltwater fishing is but it isn’t for everybody. Many anglers prefer freshwater fishing and more specifically Maryland bass fishing. The bay and ocean charters don’t get all the action as there are numerous Maryland bass fishing guides available that fish all the major lakes in the state. They catch a nice variety of fish in many Maryland freshwater lakes that includes largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, northern pike, crappie and many others.
Largemouth Bass Fishing Guide, Maryland
There are many Maryland bass fishing guides that will tell you that their sport, that being a bass angler is just as exciting as fishing way out in the ocean. There are many Maryland anglers that would tend to agree because Maryland bass fishing is big business in the state. Yes the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean runs along many miles of Maryland coastline and MD saltwater fishing is a major tourist draw for the state but so is Maryland freshwater fishing, and more specifically Maryland largemouth bass fishing. With many lakes rivers and streams scattered all across the state the Maryland fishing guides stay fairly busy for most of the year. In addition to Maryland bass fishing there are many other family oriented activities line camping, hiking, and backpacking.
If you are a novice bass angler or have never been on a freshwater fishing trip then there are only a few things you need to know.
- Your Maryland fishing guide will supply all the necessary gear. You will have to bring your own food and water. If your guide doesn’t supply the rod ‘n reels and tackle then find a guide that will. Most all guides supply the fishing gear need to catch fish.
- Bring some Dramamine or other motion sickness medication. Even though you are a lake you can still get “sea sick”. If you are susceptible to motion sickness then don’t let it ruin your fishing trip.
- Bring a cap, sunglasses, and even some sunblock. Water reflects the sun up and makes it more intense. Yes even on a lake.
- Reserve your Maryland fishing guide in advance. Don’t wait until you get to the lake to look for a fishing guide because you may find out that they are all booked up. Especially in the summer which is the busy season.
A Few Maryland Lakes:
- Deep Creek Lake – Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, chain pickerel, northern pike, walleye, crappie, yellow perch
- Centennial Lake – Centennial Lake is seasonally stocked with rainbow trout, but also has largemouth bass, crappie bluegill and redear.
- Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary – Nice largemouth bass, sunfish, and more
- Lake Habeeb – Largemouth and smallmouth bass, crappie, channel catfish, bluegill, brown trout and seasonally stocked rainbow trout.
- Other Maryland Lakes:
- Little Seneca Lake, Wheatley Lake
- Greenbrier Lake, Lake Needwood
- Martinak State Park, Cunningham Falls
- Cosca Lake, Tuckahoe Pond
National Bass Guide Service – Use National Bass Guide Sevice for your next bass fishing trip to the DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia region. We fish the Potomac river and offer half, three quarter, and full day guided fishing trips. Reach us at 703-360-3472
Life Outdoors Unlimited – Ken Penrods Life Outdoors Unlimited has been guiding in Maryland for 24 years. We are one of the countries largest and most respected fresh and brackish water guide services. We serve Maryland and more and can be reached at 301-937-0010.
Deep Creek Lake Fishing Guide – Professional Maryland fishing guide Brent Nelson specializes in fishing on the Tidal Potomac River and Deep Creek Lake in Garrett County MD. To book a bass fishing trip in Maryland with fishing guide Brent Nelson call 410-799-9326
Reel Bass Adventures – Professional bass fishing guides for the Potomac River in Maryland and Virginia. We also fish other states in the Mid Atlantic and NE from New Hampshire to Delaware. For an exciting Mid-Atlantic area guided fishing trip call 301-839-2858
|Regular Guide and Charter Listings|
|Angler’s Hollow||Westminster, MD||410-751-9349|
|Big D’s Hunting & Fishing Supply||La Plata, MD||301-609-8069|
|Bills Outdoor Center||Oakland, MD||301-387-3474|
|Bow & Bait Hut||Essex, MD||410-391-2223|
|Cattie Catchers||Perryville, MD||410-642-2311|
|Fish Tales||Princess Anne, MD||410-651-3474|
|Fishing Port||Fort Washington, MD||301-203-4300|
|Herb’s Tackle Shop||North East, MD||410-287-5490|
|Ken Penrod’s Life Outdoors Unlimited||Beltsville, MD||301-937-0010|
|Laurel Fishing & Hunting Limited||Laurel, MD||301-725-5527|
|Liberty Lake Hunting & Fishing||Randallstown, MD||410-521-5245|
|Life Outdoors Unlimited||Garrett County, MD||410-799-9326|
|Little Seneca Lake Boats||Boyds, MD||301-972-6157|
|Mare Inc Boating & Fishing||Frederick, MD||301-898-3717|
|Mark Kovach Fishing Services||Silver Spring, MD||301-588-8742|
|Moore’s Huntin’ & Fishin’ Shop||Cumberland, MD||301-729-2604|
|On The Fly||Monkton, MD||410-329-6821|
|Orvis-Hunting Creek Outfitters||Frederick, MD||301-668-4333|
|Outdoor Adventures Unlimited||Mtn. Lake Park, MD||304-735-3426|
|Playing Hookie Guide Service||Arlington, VA||703-243-5389|
|Potomac Guide Service||Hagerstown, MD||301-582-9404|
|Reel Bass Adventures||Laplata, Md||301-932-1509|
|Reels & Wheels||Sharpsburg, MD||301-432-7281|
|River & Trail Outfitters||Knoxville, MD||301-695-5177|
|Roy’s Fishing Outfitters||Germantown, MD||301-793-5225|
|Salisbury Fly Shop||Salisbury, MD||410-543-8359|
|Smoketown Bait & Tackle||Brunswick, MD||301-834-5540|
|Tyler’s Tackle Shop||Chesapeake Beach, MD||410-257-6610|
|Wolfs Fly Fishing||Ellicott City, MD||410-465-1112|
** A Note to Louisiana charter boat Captains and fishing guides.
Place our link on your homepage and get a FREE PREMIUM Maryland Bass charter boat or fishing guide listing on the Maryland Bass fishing guides page of your choice. $25 Value.